Monday, September 15, 2008

Scone News - Insane Scone Posse

The natives are restless! Quick! Get the Pumpkin Scones! And then peace will once again prevail in the world. Or at least at the Pound Ridge Farmers Market this Sunday, September 21st, starting at 11:00 a.m. it will. No sense spending the day inside scrolling through your stock portfolio. Come get a fresh-baked scone, a cuppa joe and forget your troubles!

Thanks to all those who made it out to the Pound Ridge Country Fair last Saturday. The rain stopped, thank goodness. Which left the field a bit on the mucky side, and a lot of the exhibitors in a ditch of mud. I felt like one of John Boy’s Berkshire pigs, only not enjoying the feel of mud caking all over my ankles. If I could be any animal, I know I definitely would not want to be a pig. I’d be very cranky. I think I’m more of a three-toed sloth girl. I like to sleep. A lot. And I’m not a morning person, so waking at 6 a.m. to bake for you each Sunday is quite a challenge. But I really enjoy it.

So come on by, pull up a milk can, sit a spell, and we’ll shoot the breeze about your tanking Lehman investments, or what cut of Berkshire Pork you’ll be cookin’ up for Sunday dinner.

Love,

Mrs. Larkin

No comments: